Our DUI attorneys remind to what to do if you're pulled over on suspicion of driving while intoxicated.
Our Wickenburg DUI attorneys know how serious a charge of driving while intoxicated can be in Arizona. We all know the importance of securing the help of a proven DUI lawyer if you've been charged with drunk driving, but what should you do at the moment you are pulled over? Your criminal defense begins the moment you are pulled over, and your first call to a criminal attorney should occur in that moment as well. Our DUI law firm believes that every Arizona citizen should know what to do if they are pulled over on suspicion of DUI. As respected criminal lawyers and DWI attorneys we can tell you unequivocally that you have rights, and you should not be intimidated into forfeiting them. Below you will find a list that the DUI lawyers from The Law Office of Craig W. Penrod, P.C. have included so that you know how to proceed if you are pulled over. By following these simple rules you can make your defense more effective moving forward.
The Wickenburg DUI lawyers of The Law Office of Craig W. Penrod, P.C. work collectively on cases, putting their experience to work for you and advocating strongly for your rights. Our DUI lawyers remind you to heed the following rules should you be pulled over on suspicion of driving while intoxicated:
- Always be polite and courteous to the officer
- Provide the officer with your driver's license, registration and proof of insurance
- Demand to privately speak to an attorney. This is your right and should be officer refuse to let you it could lead to your case being thrown out later on
- Refuse all field sobriety tests
- Consent to blood, breath or urine tests.
- Request that your blood sample be preserved for independent testing
- It is also your right to demand to be immediately released so you can be tested independently
Following your arrest, it is imperative that you retain counsel as soon as possible. Our Wickenburg criminal attorneys handle only DUI cases, and will put their extensive experience and numerous resources to work on your behalf.
Knowing what to do at the scene will make your DUI defense more effective moving forward. The Law Office of Craig W. Penrod, P.C. reminds you that your rights in such situations must be enforced. Our Wickenburg DUI attorneys and criminal lawyers can be reached at (480) 753-5888. Call today.